To someone whose ambition in life to be a freelance illustrator working in an office is tantamount to being emprisioned. Thankfully a sort of stockholm syndrome (and being able to pay the mortgage) makes it bearable... but only just!

Saturday, March 05, 2005

The Perfect Cuppa

I may not take much pride in my work, I do what I have to do and no more
and I don't really care how it is done, just as long as it is and I don't
get any hassle over it and, most importantly, get paid for it. A cup of
tea, however, is something I always take as much pride in making as
possible. Why? Well it is one of those things in life where a tiny little
bit of effort makes such a big difference (reletively of course!) A
properly made cup of tea is heavenly, and sloppily made cuppa is
disgusting.
Naturally, peoples tastes vary, I have some Irish relatives whose idea of a
good cuppa is one where the teabag plays only the most cursory and almost
incedental part in it's brewing. (bleugh!) I, however, like my tea strong.
Given the opportunity, I like to drink leaf tea, as it is easy to get a
good strength without stewing the pot, not to mention the far superior
flavour! Teabags, especially the ones here in the office, require a lot of
squeezing to get any flavour out. And as for the assertation that you can
get two cups of tea from one bag (a theory expounded by Nicey and Wifey,
the writers of the fabulous website www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com) well
that is absurd! But, as I have already said, tastes vary, and if that is
how some people like to drink their hot beverages so be it. What I really
object to is someone offering to make the tea and then doing a half arsed
job! People who know how you like your drink but can't be bothered to do it
properly... It is not unusual, in an attempt to strengthen the tea, that
people just add less milk, this is wrong, wrong, wrong! All it takes is
that magic ingredient "love". A little bit of thought and care can make all
the difference... People of the world, I implore you; LOVE YOUR MUG, and
make the world a better place!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home